Sunday, November 4, 2007

I Can Smell It

The race is getting so close I can smell it...yesterday was our 18 miler leading up to next weeks 23 miles; our longest run. The schedule only calls for a 22, but it is a mind thing. I have this little belief that you can always run a 5K so that would mean that when I get to 23 miles I only have a 5K left and you can always run a 5K right :-)

So back to yesterday...had a run better than ever; did some slow stuff and did some fast stuff and think it might be still possible to get a sub 4 marathon time (barring no injuries between now and then). Ran with Debbie some, Robert some, and by myself some and felt pretty good. Took a couple of short breaks; maybe 10 minutes worth total that I can't take on the race, but might walk through. But the best thing ever about yesterday was the face that Tralaine pointed out we will all probably run together: Angie, her, Robert, me, and Don....keeping my fingers crossed; that would be awesome...the more people to talk to the better:-P

I have been eating a little better but not great. Need more protein I'm sure. Need to be drinking more water; like 3 more bottles a day, but it is hard getting water down when the weather is getting cooler. Did my sit ups/push ups 2 times this week. Will shoot for 4 times next week. Only have one night of training in Joplin so shouldn't be too bad of a week. Plan to run 4-6 Monday (recovery), 10 Tuesday (tempo), 6 Thursday (intervals), and 23 Saturday...wish me luck.

No comments: