Now that I am feeling 90% recovered some ideas for improvement have crossed my mind: train harder, run more miles, run longer runs, run faster miles, run hills, lift weights, plyometrics (sp???), eat better (less sugar/carbs and more protein), drink more water, cross-training (cycle & swim), and drop a couple of pounds (wonder how much faster I could run with 5 less pounds?). There needs to be some sort of plan; something to stick to.
The New Marathon Training Plan
- Run 5 Days a Week - Long Run, Recovery Run, Tempo, Speed (Intervals)/Hills, and Race Pace Mid Distance (or run 4 and cross train 1)
- More Protein, LOW Carbs (-sugar), Lots of Veggies (no potatoes), some fruits, some fats
- Drink 120 ounces of water daily.
- Eat 5 times a day: 3 small meals with 2 snacks between.
- Lift 3 times week upper body