Monday, June 25, 2007

Oh Yeah...Finished Vegas

Way back in October of 2006, I said I was preparing for the Vegas Marathon...and yes, I did get there! Had my best time yet: 4:18 and felt great. We had 6 marathoners (Andy, Tralaine, Angie, Roberts, Myself, and Debbie) and 2 half marathoners (Jonas & Jon); it was a blast. Not the best supported race I have been a part of; great t-shirt and even better medal, first 5 miles down the strip, and fireworks and The Blue Man Group at the start... BUT (and it's a big one) when I, and all but one of my friends crossed the finish line there was only a bottle of water....NO FOOD or DRINKS (but more bathrooms than could ever be used). We did get a letter from the race director, not apologizing, but telling us why it was so much better than the year before and how much better it will be next year. Sorry to say; we won't be going back.

In April, had a PR at the Oklahoma Memorial 1/2 Marathon at
1:52...that's an 8:45 min. mile average. Don't know how I did that (with a stomach cramp the whole time too). Great Marathon and Half Marathon...I would suggest it to anyone wanting to do a fairly flat, early April run. Awesome support, even had a real bathroom to use at the start thanks to one of the local churches. Ran in the memory of a victim of the of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City bombing and it really put my little challenges in life into perspective.


No comments: