Tuesday, June 26, 2007

On the Treadmill Again

As apposed to "On the Road Again" which is where I wish I was this morning. Why is it that when I visit a new city it is so difficult to run outside? People told me not to venture out by myself here in Atlanta so all I am left with is the dreaded TREADMILL...ahhhh...too boring even with an iPod and TV!

Got up extra early to be the first to the fitness center in hopes there was a machine for me and to ensure the remote control would be in my power. Successful in both :-)

Ran 6 miles in just under 10 min. miles. Started at 6am; not too fast but felt strong. It's amazing how good I feel when I haven't over eaten. Over the last month, I have had lots of bad runs due to poor eating and eating too close to running. I did end up getting very bad heartburn today which wasn't good but at least it was after running. I can't wait to be back home where I can plan meals and really keep track of it all.....right now I feel bigger than ever :-( and that affects my eating habits in a bad way. Don't know why..but once I have "ruined" a day I really "ruin" the day.

Need to seriously get going on this training (and not just running)...with an adventure race in Sept. and a marathon in Dec. the pressure will soon be getting heavy. Weakness will not be ok, need to start lifting 2 times a week, running 4 days a week, and bike at least 2 days with some trails worked in. Will also get back to sit-ups/push-ups 4 days a week. Guess this is a commitment since it seems to be in writing.

No comments: