Thursday, December 27, 2007

Always a New Plan

Why is it that when I finish one race I can't seem to sit back and enjoy the accomplishment of completing 26.2 miles....it's always about the next race, what's coming next. And everyone else is thinking in that directions too; all I hear is "So what's your next race?" "When are you racing again?". And in my head it is already "How can I run faster or maybe I should try a longer race?"

Now that I am feeling 90% recovered some ideas for improvement have crossed my mind: train harder, run more miles, run longer runs, run faster miles, run hills, lift weights, plyometrics (sp???), eat better (less sugar/carbs and more protein), drink more water, cross-training (cycle & swim), and drop a couple of pounds (wonder how much faster I could run with 5 less pounds?). There needs to be some sort of plan; something to stick to.

The New Marathon Training Plan
  • Run 5 Days a Week - Long Run, Recovery Run, Tempo, Speed (Intervals)/Hills, and Race Pace Mid Distance (or run 4 and cross train 1)
  • More Protein, LOW Carbs (-sugar), Lots of Veggies (no potatoes), some fruits, some fats
  • Drink 120 ounces of water daily.
  • Eat 5 times a day: 3 small meals with 2 snacks between.
  • Lift 3 times week upper body
Now...to pick out the next race:

No comments: