Friday, March 9, 2012

Knitting 101


I had my first knitting lesson last night from two wonderful and patient friends (Allison and Kiley). Can't say I am proficient nor will I be making anything more than a test swatch for now, but I can "cast on" and "knit" (or at least that is what I think it is all called). They taught me how to make a slip knot to get started also (I only did it once so I have already forgotten :( )


Once I got home, the hubby was sick, so I finished the night as single mom and pulled out my needles and yarn in front of the TV. It took some time and I had to find some video tutorials on Knittinghelp.com to help me remember how to cast on again, but with the base I got from Allison and Kylie I did it. Thanks so much friends...and FYI... I am going to need a few more lessons.

1 comment:

MomBE said...

You did so great, and what fun it was! Kiley had a good time too! Thanks for the goodies! We will do it again soon with Chanti and maybe a run to follow?