Friday, August 17, 2012

Group Shot - my favorite new app

Greyson never stops moving and never waits for my camera to take a picture so trying to get a picture with all of us looking our best is close to impossible until now. A few weeks ago I found Group Shot (an App found in the iTunes store) and it has saved us.

It is very simple to use. First open the app and pick the photos you want to blend together. Sometimes I pick the one with the most potential. Then I swipe over the portion of the picture I want to replace and find the picture on the right that I want to replace it with and select it. Then the magic happens and all you have to do is save it back to your library. To be able to do this the key is... you have to remember to take 2 or 3 shots of the same picture to get it to work. See my example below and I think you will see why.
Pic#1 - Cute but I am looking at G.
Pic#2 - Cute wave but we can't see G's face.
Here is what GroupShot ($.99) did for us - now we are both looking and smiling at the camera.
Then I ran it through Instagram (free) another favorite App.
And finally added a "tape" tag to remember the occasion using Label Box ($.99)

No comments: