Sunday, October 21, 2012

Whirlwind Weekend

I can't believe it is already 10pm on Sunday night. Since we left the hospital on Friday time has flown by. Greyson has done excellent. He has had some minor pain but the Ibuprofen seems to take care of it. By Friday evening he was dealing with the splint much better and tearing around here like he owned the place. He found the train table in the play room and was hard to tear away from it.



Tralaine and Andy got in Friday night and we met up with the Saturday. We visited the Runners Expo, ate, had Jeni's Ice Cream of course, and hung out at RMH. I was supposed to take a taxi to their hotel this morning but it never showed. Luckily there were some very nice volunteers here to make breakfast and they offered to give me a ride (only 5 minutes). Michael and Greyson got to meet him at breakfast and he even made them a special plate of eggs and french toast.

The race was great. So well put together and supported. There were 18,000 runners with both the 1/2 and full marathons being sold out. I have never seen so many bathrooms and water stops...the important stuff for runners. Since we raised so much money (thanks to so many of you, we hit our goal of $1500 on Saturday and went over - yipeeee!)we had access to a special VIP tent at the beginning and end with some special food and more port-potties.

Running 26.2 miles is a challenge but we got it done. My legs wouldn't say it was a fun day but spending the day running with Tralaine and Andy is always worth it. I owe my finish time once again to Tralaine. She seems to have turned into my personal pacer and pulled me through many miles making sure I got a PR (personal record). Thanks Sis! And of course it was great to see Michael and Greyson at the end having fun at the after party. Of course G didn't want to leave.



Greyson goes to see Dr. Spaeth in the morning. We expect she will send us on our way after the visit. She said he may or may not come home with the drain but I am betting not...it really isn't putting out much. She will also take the splint off tomorrow and we will get a good look at the incisions. He has one at his elbow, one at his wrist, and one on each of 3 fingers.

I will send an update once we get on the road to let everyone know the plan. What a trip it has been...Michael and I will be glad when we are finally home.

Have a great evening. Pictures to come hopefully tomorrow.
Brooke, Michael, and Greyson

No comments: