Wednesday, January 2, 2013

P365: 2013

Project 365+1 for 2012 was a success. That makes two years in a row of taking at least one picture a day. I have loved this project and don't want to let it go but must adapt or it will drive me crazy.

While taking the pictures daily is a challenge in itself some days the real work/time comes in posting it to my blog. You (if anyone really even pays attention to this) probably don't know how time consuming it is....it works like this:
  1. edit the pic in Instagram (cause I love the App)
  2. email myself pictures
  3. download pic and rename 
  4. open pics in Photoshop and resize them
  5. save pics again
  6. upload pics to an online storage site (Picasa Web Albums)
  7. finally create a blog post including figuring out the days and date, inserting the pictures, and adding the captions
Something has to change and here is what I have figured out....I will now document my P365 in Instagram. You can now find my Instagram feed on the right side column of my blog with all of my Instagram pictures. My Project 365 images will include the date and then a caption. I have it set so that you can see 7 days of pictures from my main blog page. If you ever want to visit my entire Instagram feed all you have to do is click on a picture from the blog page and then click on the silhouette image next to my username (higginsb).

I hope you still enjoy this project as much as I do. Happy New Year!

No comments: