Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Kitchen Overhaul: Step #1

I declared a year and a half ago that I wanted to redo the kitchen before I passed 40. I knew I couldn't afford a complete overhaul with new cabinets and all so I set my sights on new counters, new sinks and faucets, painting cabinets (inspired by a friend's project), paint walls, and tile backsplash. In December, Michael finally gave me to the go-ahead to order the counters (the biggest investment) so I rolled and committed to the laundry room too.

First, I tested my painting idea out in our two bathrooms. I wiped the golden oak cabinets down with a no-sanding liquid twice, did some light to medium sanding, painted one layer of Sherwin Williams tinted primer, and two layers of their black oil-based lacquer.

Guest Bath Before
Guest Bath After
Master Bath After (sorry, no before)




Of course I didn't take pictures of the kitchen before the counter removal but I have many candid shots with the "before" that I will include in the final comparison however far away that happens to be.

Desk
Island/Stove
Laundry Room
Kitchen Sink
Counter Top Sneak Peek


Tomorrow I plan to take pictures of the counters installed and give an overview of the steps to come.


No comments: