Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Run with the Wind"

...think it might be a little crazy to run a 15 mile race in February when you don't like the cold. Yesterday must have been my lucky day because it was 38 at 7:30am and did get a few degrees warmer. There was a head wind out of the west :-( Wish we would have run from Carthage to Sarcoxie instead of Sarcoxie to Carthage, but it was all good.

The race format is either individual or team and the CRC (the Carthage Running Club) had 3 individuals (Julie-1st place over all, Brady, & me) and 1 team (Chanti-Robert-Debbie: 1st place). Julie and Brady were of course in the front pacing each other with a 8:10 pace and finished in 2 hours 7 minutes. I was a bit behind, but ran 9:16's which was awesome and finished in 2 hours 24 minutes. Ran first section with Chanti (who then rode her bike the rest of the way), the second section with Robert (who set an great pace, got me through the hills, and blocked the wind for me - thank you, thank you, thank you), and Debbie (who kept me going through the last miles when I wanted to walk and complained a lot).

It is so fun running with friends. Next race: Brew-to-Brew - April 6

No comments: