Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Scrapbooking a Step Further

Digital Scrapbooking (DS) seems to be my newest hobby. Funny how I finally started scrapbooking last Christmas when my mom gave me a scrapbooking kit over 3 years ago. Figured I could at least use that Birthday present so I gave it a try. It turned out that I really liked it and created a vacation album and made a few small gifts including a chipboard book for Mom and Charlie with pictures of all their grandkids.

Transitioning into DS seemed to be a natural progression when we got our new Mac and Photoshop. Had some friends over and they brought an "expert" with them and we had a little "Introduction to Photoshop and Scrapbooking" class. It seems that DS is even easier to waste time with. There are so many great sites and blogs out there offering ideas, products, and tutorial but the best is all the freebies. I have found free templates, kits, embellishments and more and spent tons of time downloading them and organizing them. Now, to get a project finished.

Here are a few of my favorite DS blogs:
Scrapping with iKEA Goddess - scrapbooker who compiles weekly freebies
Taylor Made Designs - great design ideas, freebies, tutorials, products
Three Paper Peonies - beautiful designs, tutorials, products, including freebies and challenges

No comments: