Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sick But Still Running

Yesterday was my long run for the week 7 miles and I almost canceled. Seems that I have picked up some kind of bug (probably at the school I was at the day before). I slept poorly and had aches and a headache. Thought about texting Debbie or leaving her a note on my door saying "Sorry but sick" but finally decided to tough it out. Before leaving at 6am took an 800mg ibuprofen left over from C-Section and washed it down with some peanut butter and water. Met up with Debbie not far from the house and talked our way around town. At mile 4, Michael called and said that G had woke up early and he needed to get in the shower and go to work so I headed home got out the BOB and finished up the last 1.25 with Greyson. Turned out to not be such a horrible run and was glad to finish 7 miles so still on track to run a half-marathon in October.

Unfortunately, as the day went on the headache, aches, and even a fever came back and the ibuprofen doesn't seem to help. Hoping this passes soon, it has already canceled a "fun in the sun" day at the lake today, fondue party with family tonight, and what was supposed to be a trail run on Sunday morning.

Run On!
Brooke

2 comments:

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

Sometime when training I seem to get "colds" a bit more often. Maybe take a rest day to help you "get over it." I hope you feel better soon.

Nice flexiblity on getting your run done!

Emz said...

OK, you are my hero "sick & running". Today, I would throw darts at my treadmill. AND I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my treadmill. How did we get sick in the summer?! This sucks. :)