Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stealing an Idea




So I decided to document my KC run as one of the runner bloggers I follow at It's Just One Foot in Front of the Other. She takes pictures of herself after running and posts them along with inspirational thoughts and ideas. No inspiration from me today just a snapshot of downtown KC and an overview of my run through downtown Kansas City, MO.

Being in KC for G's latest procedure meant a morning run through the city while he and Mikey hung out at our room at the Ronald McDonald House which meant starting at the base of quite a hill and that was just the start. It was very different than running in little ole' Carthage, MO - lots of hills, cars, people, bridges, buses, and great buildings to look at. Thanks to my friend Don, I had a 4.5 mile route that took me past Crowne Center, The Sprint Center, and Children's Mercy Hospital. My route was part of the Hospital Hill 1/2 Marathon Route so now I am may have to run that one someday but not sure I can take all the hills....I am feeling those hills today in my shins hope it doesn't affect my 8 miler tomorrow.

Run On!
Brooke

No comments: