Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Time to Set Some Fall Goals

In the last 2 weeks my sister and two great friends have run an Ultra (44 miles) and Marathons (in Fayetteville & Boston). They all did awesome in each of their races and while I am very excited at their accomplishments what it really reminded me of is that I haven't run a marathon or more since March 2011.

This isn't because I didn't have plans to...I was supposed to run the Brew-2-Brew with my sister two weeks ago... but injury has gotten in the way a couple of times (August I had to take 2 weeks off & this past January a stress fracture took me out for 6weeks) and a little boys surgery in October.

I have decided that it is time to decide on something. It's time to make some commitments.

An Adventure Race would be awesome and there are two I am thinking about...either the Berryman Adventure Race September 22 or the Ozark Adventure Race-October 20.

I am going to plan a marathon as well but I am not sure which one. Staying close to home is probably a requirement. I know that I want to try for the Brew-2-Brew next spring again and to get ready for that doing a fall marathon would be perfect. Here are some races I am thinking about....
  • Heart of America (Columbia, MO)-Sept. 3
  • Joplin Mother Road-Oct. ?
  • KC Marathon-Oct. 20
  • Nationwide Children's Hospital Marathon-Oct. 21
  • Blue Springs Trail Marathon (MO)-Oct. ?
  • Route 66 Tulsa Marathon-Nov. 18
  • BassPro Marathon (Springfield, MO)-Nov. ?
  • Dallas White Rock-Dec. 9
What would be the coolest is if I could coordinate Greyson's fall surgery with the Nationwide Marathon and raise some extra money for the hospital and patients.....I will have to talk with some doctors and see if this would even be possible and talk Michael into it....keeping all fingers crossed!!! More info to come.

Run On!
Brooke

No comments: