Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trail Running = Poison Ivy

Thought I had made it through a year without getting poison ivy. Since the two adventure races were out this year and I have stayed off the trails in Joplin I thought for sure that I had escaped the horrible itch and lovely scars of poison ivy. I was wrong....

Memorial day weekend my new Arkansas running friend Jen and I decided to skip the roads and head out to the trails at Hobb's State Park. We had two perfect days of trail running with great conversation and weather. I kept us on the trail, didn't touch anything (except spider webs), and was very careful not to injure myself but still, a day later the tell-tale bumps that itch like you can't imagine were back. What was the worst was that not only did I get it on my calves but I also spread it up my thighs when I stopped at the porta-john before showering off. Note to self - no trail running without ivy block. It may not keep me from getting it again but maybe and that is all I need to justify another trail run on another day.

Run on - Brooke

No comments: