Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sometimes Runs Suck

Today was not my day....for running. Beautiful weather, all the time in the world; what more could I ask for???? Well maybe I could have asked for my body to hold up. All I wanted was an easy 4 miler. Little did I know that my stomach would start aching, arm/chest would start throbbing, my head would start pounding and that I would get all shaky and about pass out. I even had to stop and walk for a minute or two to get my bearings back. Good thing I had my phone with me in case of emergency... but I was so out of it but there was no way I would be able to call an ambulance for myself. To top it all off, the gnats were out in full force. I bet I ate at least 10 of them, sucked 3 up my nose, and caught at least that many in my eyelashes. Let's chalk this one up to bad luck and hope for a better showing tomorrow.

Run On - Brooke

1 comment:

Chanti said...

Yep - we've all been there - just rest up for Saturday!! (hehe - selfish of me)
I think I ate about the same amount of bugs tonight - eeekkk.
Tomorrow's run will always be better - we know this from experience - that's why we keep doing it - right?? ;-)