Thursday, February 25, 2010

More Quilt Progress - Almost Done


After debating my options on how to assemble this quilt (and talking with the lady at the quilt shop and Michael), I decided to add the batting and backing myself "quilting" it by following the lines of the fabric squares. I top stitched it with chocolate brown to coordinate with the fabrics I chose and the stitching on the backing is cream and it blends perfectly with the cream and polka dots. My lines are not all evenly spaced or straight but it is made with love and that is all that matters. One concern that I didn't think of until now...I didn't prewash the fabrics - hope they don't bleed.
Now.... to add the border. I have read all about it and the only thing that scares me are the corners - should I do straight corners or beveled??? Think I will make that choice when I get to itI will be sewing it on the front first and then folding, pressing, and top stitching along the edge to finish. Hopefully I can get it done tonight.

Other thoughts....I have seen some scrap bookers putting together pages and books to document their child's growth over time and even had a friend tell me about how she takes her kids pictures in certain articles of clothing. Thinking maybe our little boy will have his life documented with this blanket....who knows, just thinking ;-)

No comments: