Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Scheduling Walking

Why is it that I can schedule out my running and make sure I get 4+ days a week with a certain amount of mileage per week but when it comes to walking it barely is an afterthought. Today had to fess up to the Dr. that I haven't been exercising that much. And when I said it it really hit me....I don't see walking as exercise so it is not a priority.

You know, walking doesn't make you break a sweat. I don't get out of breath, and I don't cover as many miles. It just doesn't have the pay off :( I think another thing that makes it so hard to get it done is that I have to often times go by myself. I really hate to hold back my CRC friends or twist their arms to go to the Y. I know they will be there for me when I get it back but I am missing them now. At least for the next few weeks I have Spot to walk with although I think the neighbors might think I am a bit crazy walking down the road talking to the dog. Sure wish she would talk back ;)

I vow to walk 5 times a week and do yoga 2 times a week. I can't loose this great habit I have formed and this is just a downgrade in speed not occurrence. I am still a runner even if I am not running and I will be back soon!!!!

Run On (without me)!
Brooke

No comments: