Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Did You Know: Stress Fractures

Did you know that running causes stress on your bones :) and if it doesn't have time to heal then you get a STRESS FRACTURE :(

Did you know that an Xray can't diagnose a STRESS FRACTURE but can show signs of bones trying to heal.

Did you know that is is very uncommon to get a STRESS FRACTURE on the backside of your Tibia.

Did you know that orthopedics most of the time diagnose STRESS FRACTURE based on symptoms because the fix for a STRESS FRACTURE and other possible injuries like shin splints is the same.....Stop Running - Rest :'(


So it has to be said....my dream to do the Brew2Brew as my first Ultra with my sister is out. But on a happy note...she, the sis, is still going strong and planning to give it a go :)

Run on! while I sit here and wait for no pain so then I can start walking.
Brooke

1 comment:

Chanti said...

So sorry you're having to deal with this. I know it's not fun!
Hoping for a speedy recovery!