Wednesday, February 1, 2012

An Update - 10 Things by 40

I have been thinking about this post and wondering if I need to revisit my top 10 things to do by the time I am 40 to check myself and possibly get focused. So here goes...

  1. Start at least 5 new "traditions" for Michael, Greyson & I - 1. pajamas on Christmas Eve, 2. Pumpkin Patch in the fall, 3. feet pictures, 4. Elf on the Shelf, 5. ???
  2. Take a couples vacation - Went to the Cotton Bowl. Wooo Pig Sooie!
  3. Update Kitchen - paint cabinets, new counters, etc. - Hmmm, not sure if this will get done but I am still hopeful.
  4. Learn a Wake to Wake 180 - Didn't do much wakeboarding this summer since it was usually just Michael, myself, and Greyson in the boat. You can't drive the boat and tend to a toddler at the same time. Maybe this summer.
  5. Take Greyson camping - :( not yet but this spring or summer for sure!
  6. Learn to cook with my Crock-Pot - I have made quite a few recipes (at least 6) but the BBQ pot-roast has to be my favorite so far. I love the ease of this kind of cooking and the fact that it yields a lot of leftovers so less nights cooking.
  7. Run an ultra marathon - Training for the Brew-2-Brew 44 miler (April 1) now but am dealing with an injury now. :(
  8. Have Grandma R teach me to make a blueberry pie - Forgot about this but now that she has moved to Fort Scott it should be easy to do.
  9. Take at least 1 picture a week - Accomplished this and more. Participated in Project 365 (take a picture a day) last year and plan to do it again this year.
  10. Learn to knit - and make something to wear - Hmmmm, also forgot about this one. Ok MomBE I'm going to need some help with this one.

Looks like I have some work to do. I should also make the disclaimer that any of these things can be done during the time I am 40 not by the time I am 40 (cause that seems to be sneaking up on me).

1 comment: