Sunday, April 19, 2009

Off the "Road to Recovery" and Back on the "Road"

After 2 full weeks off with NO running what-so-ever, I am back to doing a small bit. It feels like forever since I last ran and is sooo good to be back on the road. It had started to get depressing watching all of the beautiful spring weather go unused and hearing about all the great runs my friends were having. Was even missing out on some social obligations ;-).

Yesterday started with a short/slow mile jog and mile walk and that was OK. Then today was the real test - 3 miles, which sounds so short since the least I usually ever do is 4 miles. But I can deal with it...I'm healing right, and all seemed to be good. No pain or discomfort but still waiting for some odd pain in the front of my knee to go away now....oh well, running is painful right ;-) Made sure to stretch before and after and iced it well.

Looks like a day off tomorrow, try for 5 on Tuesday, and then maybe 6-8 on Thursday to see if I can hold up for longer miles (possibly do the 1/2 in OKC on Sunday). Still really wish it was the full :'( Was supposed to be my 5th and Chanti and I planned to run it together. Feeling like I let her down a bit but she understand; she's been there herself for tons longer. It will sure be sad not crossing the finish line with her but she will ROCK IT I am sure. Can't wait to cheer her in.

Run on...(again)! - Brooke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After the conditions in OKC are you glad you did not run?

Chanti said...

Man, I just realized I was behind on reading your blog - and I must say I'm glad the injury is behind us - those social obligations being the main reason! ;-)
OKC didn't rock, but at least you were still there with me! We'll get 'em next time! ;-)