Monday, May 2, 2011

New UnderArmour

Greyson is growing like crazy now and has already grown so much that it is time for a new set of compression suits. So many of you asked about how they make the suits fit so well so we thought we would share a couple of pictures of the measurement process (they measure his torso and hand along with both arms). Take a look in the Gallery for a couple of shots of Tracey, the OT at Children's that helps G out.

This visit we learned that the company in Ohio creates a pattern and a computer cuts it out. Then someone sews it together. The suit and glove are completely custom fit and I am amazed at the quality every time I tug and pull on it to get it on him and especially when he chews and bites at the glove. The first set has held up well but we are looking forward to the new suit to come in soon. This one has gotten so small that it is causing diaper leaking issues and rides up on his belly.

We will be celebrating G's Birthday on Saturday and so I will post some pictures of him soon after. We will also post an update after his next appointment with Dr. Jiang, the plastic surgeon on June 3. We hope to discuss next surgery plans for later in the year and then hopefully not have to return until then.

I am thinking of migrating his CarePages site to a blog where I have more control over the content and could add videos and more. I am looking for a blog site that will allow me to set it up to have email updates like CarePages so that those of you that want to know when I make updates will get an email. I will let you know if and when that happens.

Enjoy our spring....and stay in touch.

Brooke

No comments: