Monday, May 2, 2011

Friends Again...Sweets Are the Quickest Way to My Heart

First.....Foto Friday has been delayed due to big weekend event...my sister, Callie's, wedding shower. It was so much fun to plan with my sister, Tralaine, and we will share some pictures soon.

Unfortunately I am back at Honda this morning waiting for my car to be looked at (grinding/scraping noise when I put on the brakes).

I happened to have a minute to stop by Starbuck's on the way..... They tempted me by sending a coupon for a FREE Salted Caramel Sweet Square and I couldn't pass it up. I have been eyeing these tasty treats since they came out a while back along with the mini cupcakes and cake-pops. I should have never tried them because now I am ADDICTED!!!!

They are the perfect blend of sweet and salty with a shortbread crust, crushed pretzels, caramel, fudgy chocolate, and a ribbon of caramel on the top with a sprinkle of sea salt. Mine came in a plain, but perfect, box that could have just as easily contained a diamond ring.


I am so addicted that I have spent the last 20 minutes searching the Net in hopes of finding a recipe so that I can make them myself. Unfortunately, there is none to be found. But I did find one discussion on a blog where someone has pieced together a copy-cat recipe using elements from a few different sweets. Maybe I will give this a try when things settle down here in partyville.


No comments: