Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Why Wednesday - 2-A-Day's Rock

Still trying to prepare for The Ozark Greenway's Adventure Race not that many days from now (May 21). I know I am no where near ready but I am still getting as ready as possible. The other night Michael said to me, "You're really not ready for this race!" {duuuhhhhhhhh} to which I responded "oh really, you think???" He then asked, "Shouldn't you be going out and doing stuff for like a half a day?"......I was SPEECHLESS!!! (see previous post if you are confused as to why I might not be able to respond)

But I am plodding on and doing what I can; trying to work in some biking (but not NEAR enough). Last week I decided one of my days I would run in the morning and in the afternoon (to the sitter, leave the stroller, then home...then back to the sitter, pick up the boy, then back home). And I must say that I really like it.... so much so that I am going to do the same today.

Picture this but with a tank top and shorts and longer legs sticking out of the stroller.
So my question is....

Why don't training schedules have 2-a-days in them? Is there something wrong with them? Am I going to hurt something? Is it a bad idea? Until someone tells me why I shouldn't I guess I will try to work them into my training a bit more.

Run On!
Brooke

No comments: