Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why Wednesday - Mind Games

Well they are here...those lovely mind games that every race gets going have started early this week. First I feel like every muscle is fatigued and then my lungs feel like I am running in Colorado. Then my joints start aching...and so on and so on!

WHY does my mind want to second guess my body?

Maybe the second guessing is because I really don't feel like I am ready for this race. It's been two years since my last adventure race and we all know with having G that my time is thin. Getting on my bike and building my core have not been a priority and it WILL show on Saturday (at The Ozark Greenways Adventure Race). I do know that as long as my legs hold up then it should all be good. I know I will be able to make it but what I don't know is how miserable my body might feel. Who knows - I can always surprise myself. Guess this is going to be my red flag that I better do a lot more than just run before the next one (The Berryman Adventure).

The most important thing for me to remember is that I can always go as long and as far as I need to go  that day. Race update to come soon....wish Don and me (The Dirty Nelly's) luck!

Run On!
Brooke

2 comments:

Chanti said...

You guys will do great!
Just lifting G has got your core in shape! You're good to go!
:-)
Go Dirty Nelly's!

Brooke said...

Thanks friend....I needed that reminder ;-) Wish you were going to be there to keep me going. But you have your own race to "run".