Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Why Wednesday - Recovery

WHY is this recovery taking so long?

It's been a week and a half since the Adventure Race (update coming soon I promise) and I have still not fully recovered. This year was the easiest course wise that has ever been since I started racing almost 10 years ago. The fact that I wasn't really ready is now showing in my fatigued legs. Yet another reminder that I should have trained harder and longer. 

The first run 3 days after wasn't so bad. I had my cousin in town and being the social runner that I am, I talked the entire time giving him the run down of the race. Two days later I went out for a 6 miler on my own and time seemed to stand still. Saturday turned into a 2.5 mile run with the stroller and then a 2.5 mile walk with the two sisters (one is not a runner). Then two days of no running {due to laziness} and then two days in a row with both days feeling like legs were just not back up to par.

Must get out of this slump soon! Next race isn't until the end of September but i want to feel better than this. 

Run On!
Brooke

No comments: