Monday, July 11, 2011

Slump?

Maybe it's the heat or maybe it's fatigue or maybe it's just a slump...but for some reason this week I haven't really been on or really wanted to run. Of course I did run but am now thinking of taking a week off and see if things turn around.

Not sure what happened....Last Friday I did my 10 miler and that wasn't so bad. Had Chanti there (on the bike) so it flew by. {FYI - Chanti and Brady had their sweet little baby on July 5 - 5lb. 9oz. and the cutest little girl you ever saw}!!! I ran with the sister on Saturday before we headed to the lake for the weekend (the 4th you know). Monday is when I think this hit....the sister ~made~ me do the run she loves. She wanted to do the full 8 miles "out and back". I agreed to the "out" but not the "back" and you'll understand when I tell you that the route takes us through the HILLS by the lake and before we finished up a hill where the road is aptly called Pikes Peak. Need I say more??? Every run after that felt like I was wearing cement shoes.

So I think I will call this fatigue and take a couple more days off this week and hope things turn around.

Run On!
Brooke

No comments: