Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Why Wednesday - Doctor's Advise

Why does my doctor assume I won't listen to him?

Yes, it is true....I am still injured and have decided that some time off is in my cards. I haven't run for almost a week and plan to take a second week off. I went to my doctor (a non-runner) about it and he called for an X-Ray thinking it might be a stress fracture. Most know that stress fractures can't be diagnosed with an X-Ray but I figured it is cheaper than an MRI so we might as well give it a try. Besides we can only afford one at a time and Greyson gets to claim this one :)

Of course nothing showed on the X-Ray and so after discussing options with the doctor, WE decided that I will take 2 weeks off running. I will ice it and use the ultrasound machine on it. After the two weeks I will test it out and if it still hurts I will take 2 more weeks off.

This week has turned out to be a little crazy so I hope to get to the pool next week. I need to make sure I am getting some exercise and maybe lifting some weights as well. Because of where it is in my shin, I am unsure of biking so need to do a bit more research.

Hoping for a quick recovery!

Run On!
Brooke

No comments: