Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Why Wednesday - Why Run?

Why would anyone ever want to run? Maybe someone is chasing them?

Ok, so that is not how I feel but after taking off almost 2 weeks I feel like a non-runner more than ever and that would be the goofiest question non-runners ask me.

My goal was to do some swimming and biking instead of running and all I can say is I have gone on one bike ride (tonight). With family visiting, Greyson in the hospital, and then planning for my first training session with my new teachers, there has been very little time to exercise or even think about the fact that I can't run. But now the temperature is getting better and I hope to have more time so the feeling that I am not a runner is creeping up more often than not.

My leg is feeling better. It hasn't hurt since last week. The standing on the hard hospital floors just wasn't good on it. Being home has improved that and I am hoping that it is getting better. My running friend/chiropractor and I talked and think it may not be a stress fracture. It may be time to test it out. I think I will try to go out on Friday and attempt a mile. If it hurts, then I will take off another week or two and test it out again. Fingers are crossed again.

Hoping to join Chanti soon. She is back at it just 5 weeks after having her beautiful little girl. Yes....she's awesome!!! I have to get on the road soon so we can push our strollers together :)

Run On!
Brooke

No comments: