Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Why Wednesday - So Far

WHY do long runs feel so far away?

Over the past month I have been taking a break healing and in the process have lost quite a bit of my fitness level (legs and lungs). Last week I was in the mountains in New Mexico and at one point I thought my lungs were going to explode on a short 3 miler.

It was great being on vacation and finding a beautiful trail through the evergreens with deer, squirrels, and hilly Scottish golf course in the middle. Next time we have to take Greyson hiking. He loves the outdoors, trees, and animals. He would love it.

Looking into the near future, I really want to run the Tulsa half marathon (was planning the full before injury) but it feels so far away from the miles I am putting in now. Right now 4 miles is the longest I have gone and I don't want to add miles too quickly and re-injure anything but I feel out of the loop. I need a plan. Maybe tomorrow I'll map it out.

Run On!
Brooke


No comments: