Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Not a Morning Person!!!

It's funny the things that pop into your head on run. This morning after leaving Chanti and headed home to finish my 4 miler, I got to thinking how much I like it when I get to start in the dark and finish in the first bits of morning light. To have my run complete, to have caught up with friends, to have the whole day ahead of me and to not have to worry about fitting in my exercise somewhere else is quite freeing.

It used to be that I would get home before Michael even got up and I could take a shower and get my coffee all before he woke up. Now I come home to a smiling baby ready to get up and start the day himself. We "chat" and play and he hangs out while I clean up waiting for the time when we can go in and wake up Daddy. Or sometimes he wakes up a bit earlier and comes along for the run and gives me a little extra workout (running with a stroller adds a whole new dimension for sure).

The funniest part about all this that I AM NOT and HAVE NEVER BEEN a morning person, I LOVE my sleep.... At least not until I became a runner and more recently until I became a mom. It seems that I will give up sleep for only two very important things to me: #1 Greyson and #2 running.

So what does this say about me??? ;-)

Run on!
Brooke

1 comment:

Emz said...

That you are my all means a RUNNER! ;)

YAY for mornings!!

Fun post!!