Monday, September 20, 2010

Where Has September Gone

I can't believe the month of September is almost over - it's been really busy but stayed on track with the half marathon training schedule even with a work trip to Columbia, a trip to Wichita, and a touch of a stomach bug last week. I'm still planning on running the 1st annual Mother Road 1/2 Marathon starting in Baxter Springs, Kansas following historic Route 66 right into Joplin, MO on 10/10/10.

Sounds like quite a few friends some family are going to be joining me for the haul. Thinking Don, Sharon, Dan, and Jen are in it for the 13.1 mile plan. My goal is to finish in under 2 hours but will be happy for a finish feeling good considering this is my first race since having G. They are advertising this race as a walker, stroller, headphone friendly race. Wondering if G would want to come along for the ride ;-) Chanti and Angie are going the full distance and I can't wait to cheer them in at the finish line. The CRC will be represented but not all members will be present. Debbie and Robert are heading to Chicago so that Debbie can run her 3rd Marathon at the ING Chicago Marathon on the same day. Good luck to her :)

Going to run 13 miles this Saturday - will be my longest run in who knows how long (over a year at least) and I'm looking forward to being done. It's great to be back on the road with my friends and it's now time to pick my next marathon. Any suggestions???

2 comments:

Chanti said...

How far out are you looking to do a marathon? I can't decide when I want to do another. I feel like I have too much on my plate now and just want some time off. What marathons are in March or April?

Great job on the Mother Road 1/2 training!

Brooke said...

Was thinking March/April as well. Maybe we should start looking and get a list of possible locations. Really want a new state so I can get to work on the 50 states thing. Need marathon #5.

Thanks for all the help "getting back". I owe my CRC friends big ;)