Sunday, February 27, 2011

007 - Spy Running

Friday's long run was one for the books....it was supposed to be on trails with my friend Allison but 2+ inches of snow it wasn't possible. I was in Columbia, MO for meetings and I live for running on the MKT trail.

The hotel I was staying in had 3 treadmills of which only 1 worked. The long run started at 5am and I was by myself in the workout room until about 6:20am when other people started filling up the equipment and I started to feeling guilty. I knew that others were coming in to run so I let a girl have my treadmill. I figured I only had 35 more minutes and could hit the halls and stairs. After running for a short time (30 minutes to go) the front desk attendant informed me that "we don't allow people to run in the halls." I then let them know, "did you know you have 2 broken treadmills", and continued to run but made sure to not run in the halls or stairwells that had cameras. I felt like a spy ducking through doorways and checking all the corners for cameras, peeking down halls and staying off the main floor where the "enemy" was "waiting" for me. It kept the end of my run interesting for sure and I finished my last long run before Little Rock.

Not really sure how many miles I ended up running but 2 hours of treadmill, halls, and stairs = 12 miles in my mind. Looking back, I'm not sure doing stairs was the best idea since that is out of my normal workout and could have resulted in an injury. Luckily not and I am now gearing up for a 4, 6, and 3 miler this week before heading to Little Rock, AR on Saturday for Sunday's marathon.

Run On!
Brooke

1 comment:

Chanti said...

Can't wait to hear how Little Rock goes! :-)
Go CRC!