Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fatigued & Sore

23 Done - last long run before Little Rock. What a perfect morning Allison and I had....even G thought it was so he woke up just minutes before we were leaving (6:30am), with a huge dirty diaper. Since I thought the husband would like to sleep in G was in on the run for the first 8 miles. Of course I picked a flatter loop for that since I was pushing and didn't want to kill myself with so many miles to come. Our second 8 mile loop was a bit hillier (wanted Allison to feel at home - she is used to running in Fayetteville, AR). We stopped at Chanti's for a water break and then headed back home for last rr break. Our last loop, 7 miles, was a bit flatter and by the end we averaged right around 10's. Perfect morning run! Here are the details from the run.



Thinking I would like to average 9:30's in Little Rock but not so sure I have trained for that or the hills. I am very excited because my sister is going to get to run it with me (we will see if she can stand to run that slow - she is a much faster runner than I). She almost didn't make it in but that is a whole other post. All I can say is a HUGE THANK YOU to the race director.

Run On!
Brooke

1 comment:

Chanti said...

Glad the 23 went good - can't wait to hear how Little Rock goes! :-)