Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Why Wednesday - 10 miles

WHY in the world, did my training schedule have me running a 10 MILER this week for my mid-week long run?

I am less than two weeks out from The Little Rock Marathon and had to run my mid-week on Tuesday. When I went to check my training schedule, which I keep on a Google Calendar, I found that I was supposed to run 10 miles. With the lingering fatigue from the 23 on Saturday and the fact that I am only running 12 miles for my long run this week, 10 miles seemed a bit over-zealous so I made the executive decision to drop it to an 8 miler. I still think I must have transfered the numbers incorrectly from my Excel spread sheet.

Tuesdays run ended up being a pretty good run. Legs were very tired for the first 4 miles and then just plugged on through the last 4 miles. Had to run in the late afternoon and my food from the day didn't even cause issues (which happens often). I averaged 9:40's which is still slower than I want to run on race day. Maybe the excitement of the day and getting to run a whole marathon with my sister will get me through a bit quicker. Whatever the case - I feel mentally ready for March 6 and can't wait for my legs to join my brain.

Run On!
Brooke

1 comment:

Alessandro S Silva said...

Long runs are not easy on weedends, imagine on weekdays!

Keep running!

Alessandro
http://blog42195.blogspot.com