Thursday, March 3, 2011

Little Rock Marathon Goals

For my last post before the marathon on Sunday I thought it might be time to formally share my race goals. Usually I set 3 goals for a race..... a "that would be awesome" an "I would love it" and an "I would be happy with" goal. This time I am going to try similar but new that I saw on one of the blogs that I follow It's Just One Foot in Front of the Other. Thanks Shelly!!!

My: I Finished Goal -have fun running with my sister and carry home the heaviest finishers medal around reminding myself that this is my first marathon back after baby (C-Section)

My: I Can Goal - have fun running with my sister and finish in 4:25 (my first marathon time)

My: I Love It Goal - have fun running with my sister and make it in by 4:15 (it's gonna be a hilly one)

My: I Dream It Goal - have fun running with my sister and make 4 hours...but the stars would have to align (I didn't really train for that).

Run On!
Brooke

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Good luck on Sunday. That medal is the largest I have ever seen.

Alessandro S Silva said...

My blog has a name similar to yours. Mine is named "Blog 42195", that's the distance in Km to the 26.2 miles, the marathon.

I wait your visit!

Keep running!

Alessandro
http://blog42195.blogspot.com/

Read/Write/Run said...

Hey Brooke,

Good luck on Sunday. I look forward to reading my race summary post. I hope you reach all those goals. My advice- don't go out too fast and enjoy your sister's company.

Ken