Thursday, April 6, 2006

Getting Outside of Your Comfort Zone

Support from my friends and family just keep pouring in. The other day Debbie put a poster on my front door reading "Go Brooke, 26.2, St. Louis Marathon". Even though I have known her now for about 7 years, both of her kids were students in my 3rd grade class, we have really become friends over the past year when we started running together. What a smile that poster brought to my face. And because of the poster, I have had phone calls and emails from people that have seen it and want to say good luck. Yesterday I received a card in the mail from my Mom #2, Diane, with a wonderful note saying how proud she and Alan are of me to accomplish this goal. My friend Carmen, a CIS in St. Louis with eMINTS, sent me a Hallmark e-card this morning reminding me she was thinking about my run and to let her know if I need anything. But the most inspirational came from Mark, Zen Running Master. He should write a book he is so good at this.....

"I am excited for you - and I continue to believe the very best is possible for you this weekend. Reaching this type of milestone in our lives is something commendable - for many reasons. It speaks well of our maturity - our discipline - our desire. It is a testimony of the deepening and broadening our our skill and talents. It shows a deepening of our ability to accept a difficult challenge. Each of these components stretches us, causes us to get outside our comfort zone, and helps us create and believe in other possibilities."
And he ended with....

"...Wish I was running alongside you each step of the way. Just know that even though I am not there with you in physical presence, I will be with you mentally, and in complete support."
How can you not succeed with that in your head??? :-)

No comments: