Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Running is Healthy Living

Not as sore as yesterday. Woke up with less crampping than usual and don't feel the need to make agonizing grunts and wails as I go up and down stairs.

Think I have told everyone possible that I...Brooke Higgins....have completed a marathon. I know this is not something original or novel but for me, someone that used to drink, smoke, stay out late, and never exercise this is a huge deal. Even one of my friends said that I was their hero. Never thought I would hear that.

Support is still pouring in from friends and family, with many asking when I plan to do my next marathon. But the funniest was that both my dad and Grandma Roberts asked me when I called to tell them I had finished "now that you have accomplished your goal, are you done with this". How could I ever be done with such a healthy habit. Would they rather I go back to the pack a day. They never had anything good to say about that. Must remember to ask that next time they inquire. Thanks Sharon for that idea.

Pictures should be up soon. You can find them at www.runphotos.com Remember I was bib #1811. Working to get my personal pics online soon. Come back to check them out. Included one to wet your whistle.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hey, Brooke, thanks so much for finding my blog and commenting!! Way to go on the 4:25!!! You handled the hills better than me.

The official race pix aren't up yet..is that you in the blue singlet? And, if so, were you running with your mother, who had a matching singlet on?? If so, I remember talking to you around mile 1.5, as we headed for the A-B brewery. If not, I talked with some other pair of women with blue singlets and white shirts!!

Fun race...I'm already planning my next marathon in October!

You can email me at ely at insightbb dot com

Thanks!!

Joe