Monday, April 10, 2006

I Made It!


I feel bad that I am just now posting this since the marathon was yesterday but I dumbly didn't take the day off today to recover. Had to make a classroom visit at 8am, work all day, and do a training session tonight.....so, I've been really busy. So for those of you I haven't talked to yet, I finished my very first marathon (hilly by the way) in 4 hours and 25 minutes. My main goal was to finish in an hour and a half (but really to beat Oprah's time of 4:28) so 2 goals accomplished. The best part was the big smile on my face and how great I felt.

Matt, Jonas, and John Mc. all ran the 1/2 marathon with great times. Tralaine, Sharon, Angie and I stuck together for about 1/2 the marathon. Tralaine and Angie felt great so they left Sharon and I to run a comfortable pace with a kick in the end. Now I can check this off my list (even though I haven't started the list, maybe that should be my next blog).

Before I sign off, did I say how sore I am today. Hate stairs, my low car, sitting down, and standing up. And this is self inflicted, how sad. This better pass soon. You can check out the results at the Marathon website. Go through the searchable results, I was # 1811. You can also search by name so check out Jonas Heter, Matt Bohm, John McCoy, Sharon Lafoe, Angela Benefiel, Tralaine Benefiel. http://www.stlouismarathon.com/stl_marathon/event_details/2006.asp

No comments: