Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Stats


Now that I have had some time to analyze the data here are some interesting stats from the race.

The guy who came in first ran 5:33 min. miles and this was his first marathon. He finished the whole race in 2:25:09...Damn that's fast. My body won't physically move that fast and not just because I am short.

#1 Girl finished in 3:05, that means she ran 7:05 min. miles. And she was resting for an hour and twenty minutes before I crossed the line.

I finished in 4:25:23. That is a pace of 10:08 min miles overall, and I had a 1/2 time of 2:04. I was 990 out of 1694 total marathon runners. I was one of 568 women running the full marathon. In the 30-34 women's division I finished 25th in a group of 64.

Now, how do I better those, I know, run more. Happy running.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hi Brooke! Wow, so that was your mother in law...sounds like a great lady to help bring you home!

Anyway, I did speak directly with her and her daughter. It was just past mile 1, as I recall, as we were heading downhill, before turning right, towards the brewery. I liked their shirts and the comments on the back. How cool for all of you to run together!

My next marathon is the Portland Marathon on October 1. My son lives and works in Portland, so I'll get to see him, plus run a race that many rank as one of the most enjoyable marathons in the country. I'm toying with then doing the St Jude Marathon in Memphis on December 2. Hey, that would be fairly close for you in Carthage, wouldn't it??

In the meantime will be at least three half marathons and some shorter stuff through the summer.

I'm enjoying your blog and have added it to my reader list. It was funny to scroll back to your posts the week before St Louis and see we were both obsessing about the weather! I have similar posts!

Great to meet you Brooke!! Run on and persevere!!