Monday, December 21, 2009

For Those Techie Hobby-ists

This week I have finally set up my iPhone with a couple of new apps that I hope will help me keep up with the handful of hobbies I fill my life with - one being blogging. Thought I would pass on some tips that some of you may benefit from and not have to figure out for your self with endless trial and error.....

1. First off - where to blog? I have looked at quite a few blogging sites and have created my own websites with some complicated and not so complicated programs like Dreamweaver, NVU, and iWeb and I keep coming back to Blogger. It seems to be the easiest to use (and pretty easy to customize) and serves me well for the little blogging that I do. I love all the Google Applications and Blogger is another great one. If you don't use or haven't looked into Google Calendar, Reader, Docs, Gmail, and Wave I highly suggest you start. They are all great tools that can help streamline your life. Maybe I will tell more about how I use those at a later date.

2. Now - become a mobile blogger! What I have found is that it is a bit difficult to blog everything I want when I want and remember that I want to so I went in search of an iPhone app(s) (cause I always have my phone with me) that could help streamline this process. Since I use Blogger I found a free app called BlogPressLite that let me set up account to both of my Blogger blogs.



With my phone, I can easily add blog posts from anywhere at any time and not need my laptop. And I can add photos directly from my phone that I take right then or have taken in the past. Wonder if I had the new 3Gs if I could add video??? When I add the photos it automatically uploads it to my Picasa web album for me (which is another great Google tool used for photo editing and storing photos online). One downfall....I haven't figured out how add links (the other thing I do the most in my posts). Maybe someone can tell me how to do that.

Hope this helps someone - I know I am loving it.

No comments: