Monday, December 21, 2009

4 Runs Richer

Over the past week something extraordinary has happened. Ok, not really that extraordinary but pretty cool....on everyone of my runs (outside) I have found money.

Being an observant runner is what makes running outside so much fun - whether counting bunnies, cicadas, cigarette trash, etc....I do make a point of keeping my eyes peeled. And on my really lucky days I find monetary treasures, change of any sort. It may only a few pennys over a month long period but it's a big deal when I stop to pick it up.

This week was different - it must be my lucky week because, with the help of a Chanti & Robert, I have made $0.38 (1 quarter, 1 dime, & 3 pennies). So all this change has got me to thinking, and Robert, how does it get there? Do people throw it out their car windows? I would understand if I found it at the drive through of a bank or local food establishment but this is just money laying around at random locations. Who knows???

Now I know, I won't be supporting my running habit with this, but over time I may be able to buy myself a bottle of G2 at the local 7/11.

More things to ponder - Run on!

No comments: