Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Just Don't Run" is not what you want to hear!

Running the last 8 weeks has been great. I have been able to keep up my 20 miles a week (2 sixes and 2 fours) and have felt pretty good. Of course my pace has slowed considerably and I have to plan my runs strategically so that I pass multiple bathrooms ;-) but all in all, this pregnancy/running has helped me keep sane and in shape and has been good......

.....Until last Saturday after my run (easy 6 miler on treadmill). I had a few contractions (8 in an hour) so called the Dr. He suggested that I may be low on nutrients and hydration and said I needed to eat and lay down and call him back if they continued. Long story short...they stopped within another hour and felt better. No worries right.

It's a new week - Ran 4 on Monday with only a couple contractions after and no other issues. Now it is Wednesday: I woke up with a contraction and had quite a few throughout the morning. Called Dr. and they basically said that I could wait to come in until Friday but that I should stop running.

Now I am frustrated, disappointed, and sad...I wanted to be able to stay running throughout the pregnancy and this isn't looking promising. Hopefully Friday's conversation with the Dr. will be better than what I think he is going to say but we'll see. Guess I could go walk ;-) Doesn't that sound fun? NO!!!

Run On :'(
Brooke

2 comments:

Chanti said...

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. Just remember you are running a different race now. Selfishly though, I don't want to lose my running friend! ;-)

On a better note, there's always biking. Spinning is kind of fun - better than walking maybe?

Brooke said...

You are soooo right. And I hate to not have "running time" with you. Maybe I should get the Spin schedule. Heard they have a 5:15am class - tooooo early for me. Guess I will have to hit the night classes.