Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2009 - Races in Review

Didn't think about the past years mileage and races until I totaled up my miles for 2009 and read Chanti's blog post about all the races she did last year. Don't think it will look near as impressive as hers but think it's good to reflect and plan for the future.

2009 miles run = 1037.8 miles (3 pairs of Asics Gel Nimbus')
*did some biking but didn't keep track of those miles, maybe next year.

2009 Races
Jan. - Eric's Run 5K
March - Run with the Wind 25K (15.5 miles) with Chanti and Don, Saint Paddy's Revenge Urban Adventure Race with Chanti
April - biked the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon with Chanti (was supposed to run but had hamstring injury)
May - (missed 1st Ozark Greenways Adventure Race in nine years - hamstring injury kept me from trianing)
June - 1st Annual Joplin Boomtown Half Marathon with Chanti & Debbie (highlights - saw Bart Yasso, Debbie even ran with him for a couple of minutes and Chanti and I finished in under 2 hours)
July - Carthage 4th of July Boom Run - Tralaine, Andy, Michael, Cherona, Robin, and I all ran. I had a PR and took 2nd (Tralaine took first)!!!!
Aug.-Dec. - took off racing to get pregnant and was successful :)

All in all, I didn't run near as many races as I wanted and didn't even fit in a big adventure race but as soon as I have this baby and recover, the running tally will start again. Some races that I would like to put on the future race calendar are: 4th of July Boom Run 5K (July), The Berryman Adventure Race 12 hr (Sept), and a fall half-marathon....for 20011, The Disney Half & Full (Jan) Marathons to get the Goofy Medal. Aiming high!

Run (walk) on!
Brooke

No comments: