Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Baby's Room

It is officially time to make a decision about how this new little bundle of love and joy will be surrounded, comforted, and stimulated by the style of his room. For those that don't know, I am a bit obsessive about decorating and have some very set style preferences and even more "rules" for decorating our baby's room.

1. Room can not look like Winnie the Pooh or Beatrice Potter has thrown up in there
2. There will be no theme
3. It should be neutral and complement the rest of the house
4. I like contemporary decorating
5. It has to blend with the couple of antiques that will be included in the room (white buffet and iron bed)
*I am sure I could think of more rules but this is a pretty good list.

Having searched every website with affordable/cute baby bedding I thought I had settled on one. But mistake number one...I shared it with a few friends thinking they would also love it. They tell me they like all of my other decorating choices so how could they not like this one. No one is raving about it and in fact, one said it looked a bit girlie. Now what do I do??? Is red too feminine...should I change the crib bedding to green? If anyone wants to give an opinion please feel free.

No comments: