Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Baby Craft


A friend at a baby shower a few weeks ago I saw some burp clothes made from cloth diapers and cute fabric. They seemed simple enough to make and since I couldn't find any that I liked in the stores I figured I could give it a try. I made two different kinds; one that had fabric down the center on both sides and the other with fabric sewed down the outsides on one side. Pre-washing the fabric and diapers was the one tip my friend gave me.


I found the fabric at Hobby Lobby and am thinking that my next project might be a quilt with the same fabric depending on if it matches the fabric I have on order for the twin bed. I haven't ever made a quilt before but found a couple of options that may work. Thinking about a quilt my friend Brandy made called a Rag Quilt or a Charm Squares Baby Quilt that I found on the Sew Mama Sew blog.

But first...making myself one of the aprons I made people for Christmas. Pictures to come ;)

No comments: