Saturday, January 23, 2010

Inspired by Julie

.....that would be Julie of Julie & Julie the movie about a blogger blogging about cooking from Julia Child's famous cookbook while also telling the story of how Julia Child began cooking, writing, and teaching. The movie was delightful; a light hearted, sweet story that made me laugh from beginning to end.
What Blogger wouldn't be inspired by watching a movie about a blogger that becomes famous because of her blog, writes a book, and eventually makes a movie. Now my aspirations are not that high with my 2 blogs but it did get me to thinking about a few things. First is that maybe my enteries need to express a bit more about me and not just be about the facts. Maybe I need to put in a few more deep thoughts and feelings about how my interests really affect my being and those around me??? And the second thing I am thinking about is who is the blog for? Is it for me to journal my life or is it for others to benefit from? Who really is out there listening? And am I giving my readers what they want?

One of my favorite parts of the movie is when Julie gets her first comment (from her mother) and how it progresses from there. Not that I need validation from others, but I think if I knew others were out there listening it might improve my message. If I knew I was writing for others and not just myself, maybe that would also inspire me. So please, if you are reading, please leave me some sort of commentary, note, observation, or remark.

No comments: