Monday, January 18, 2010

Appreciating Walking @ Week 23

It has officially been two weeks since my last run :( and I have been trying to walk 5 days a week with a pretty good track record. With the help of friends (willing to run on the treadmill while I walk) and my husband who will walk outside with me when it's nice, I have kept up with it. I have lifted arms once (not enough) and also done yoga a couple of times. I hear all sorts of great information about pregnancy and delivery being so much better if you are in shape but trying to figure out what that means for me now is hard.

I now have a new aliment - I think associated with pregnancy. On the inside of my left ankle there seems to be a pinched nerve that sends "hot sparks" down into my heel if I flex just the right way. Robert thinks it is probably associated with swelling, which I now also am getting a bit of in my calves, ankles, and feet. It's not so bad, I just need to remember to get my feet up once in a while and keep stretching. The calf cramps are getting a little worse. Had another one that woke me up in the middle of the night. My right foot was pointed like a ballerina's and I had to stand on it to get it to go away. Left a Charlie Horse for a day or two.

On a not so good note.....I instantly gained 4 pounds it seems as soon as the running stopped. This is a time when I am supposed to be gaining, being pregnant and all, but 4 pounds in 2 weeks is really not ideal. Thinking that all the eating out and sweets are catching up with me. Better get a check on that ;-) it will most likely help the heartburn as well.

Bob - Ironman Jogging Stroller (imagine in red)

I know it seems that I am complaining, but really this is all going pretty good I just miss running with my friends. It's what I do and I miss it. I have found a jogging stroller (see picture above) which is exciting and am looking forward to running with our baby. My belly is getting bigger and looks like a pregnant belly finally, and I feel pretty good. Let's hope it keeps up like this for the next 17 weeks.

Run (Walk) On!
Brooke

No comments: