Thursday, December 17, 2009

Run Through The Lights (Jingle Bell Run)

So last night the CRC (Carthage Running Club), Brooke, Chanti, and Robert, was in attendance at the 2nd Annual SWAT "Run Through the Lights" in Carthage, MO. ***Chanti brought us bells for our shoes so we made it a "Jingle Bell Run" as well ;)

We made a 5.5 mile loop from the Y, to Chi Dong Dong Chong (sp is wrong) where they have a drive through Christmas light display, to down-town and then back to the Y. There were about 10-15 of us total and only one bike this year :( Michael, Brady, and Debbie dropped out). The weather was nice and the company even better. The only thing missing was Brady standing on Chanti's porch yelling "Go CRC" as we ran by.

I was pretty proud of myself...first half I tried to keep up a good pace (letting Chanti lead us) and stayed with the pack but knew the second half was going to be a bit slower so asked my loyal friend if we could slow down and enjoyed the run home. Had to keep telling myself "this isn't a race it's a run" because for some reason I feel like I need to keep up. Oh well, maybe that will keep me on the road for as long as possible in my new "race".

A note on "running for two" - Again, a couple people said .... "You aren't even showing" until I turned to the side and then they said "oh yeah, a little". Come on people you have seen me in a bikini or at least shorts and a tank top....MY STOMACH IS NOT NORMALLY THIS BIG!!!! Yes, this pregnancy has proven something - I have body issues, maybe it is vanity, who knows, but I am getting over it or getting used to it. I'm going to get lots bigger before it's all over.

Happy Holiday's to you all,
Run On - Brooke

1 comment:

Chanti said...

It was a great 'Jingle Bell Run' - I agree - Brady needed to be out on the porch - we need to make that a tradition! ;-)
We did have a good run - strong first 1/2 and I'm not sure how much we really slowed down for the second 1/2? I'm guessing not a lot knowing us and our chatting.
Maybe they just thought you had on lots of layers? ;-)